If you are using the legacy ArcGIS Online tile services in your apps and maps, then it’s time to upgrade to the new ArcGIS basemap layer service. The legacy tile services are in mature status and are no longer being updated. April 30, 2022 is the deadline to upgrade to the new services. Click below for more information and how to upgrade to the new services.
The in-person workshops are back, along with the opportunity for one-on-one chats with ESRI staff. After being a virtual event for two years, the ESRI Developer Summit returns to Palm Springs, March 8–11, 2022. Click below for more info and to register.
If you are a firefighter, you might find WindNinja Mobile a great tool to have while out in the field. WindNinja Mobile, which can be downloaded for free from app marketplaces such as the Apple App Store and Google Play, was mainly created for firefighters with mobile devices or tablets who need to quickly compute and visualize wind direction and speed simulations. Click below to read an article about it.
Thousands of GIS professionals have signed up for ESRI’s free online course to learn how to make beautiful maps using ArcGIS Pro. If you’re interested in exploring the cartographer’s craft and trying out the latest ArcGIS Pro mapping tools, you are invited to join the course too.
In the course, ESRI’s top cartographers review essential mapping concepts and share tips and techniques to create accurate maps that showcase your data and analysis results.
The course includes the following:
- Step-by-step exercises, videos, quizzes, and discussion
- Access to ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online software
- Certificate of completion
Join the course, get inspired, and do more with maps. The course runs from February 16 to March 30. Click here for more info and to register for the course.
The California Chapter of URISA is pleased to offer its current members a virtual workshop designed to provide insights and guidelines for managing private industry and public agency GIS programs. This professional development opportunity will look at the various organizational and technical issues program managers must address in order to develop a successful GIS program. The course material will cover all aspects of GIS project and on-going program management including such areas as:
- strategic and implementation planning
- budgeting and financial management
- business case development and cost-benefit evaluation
- team building and human resources -important technical management issues
- product/service procurement and vendor/contract management and
- important legal and policy issues for GIS project and program management
The workshop will focus on practical issues and challenges faced by GIS managers. It is structured to allow adequate time to discuss important topics and for attendees to ask questions and present their own experiences.
Interested? Here are the details:
- The workshop will be presented on Zoom. The connection information and other details will be emailed to those registered, and certificates of completion will be provided.
- To register for this workshop, please make sure that your URISA membership is current for 2022. Join or renew at https://www.urisa.org/membership/get-plugged-in/.