Virtual workshop, February 23rd, click here for more info and to register.
The California Chapter of URISA is pleased to offer its current members a virtual workshop designed to provide insights and guidelines for managing private industry and public agency GIS programs. This professional development opportunity will look at the various organizational and technical issues program managers must address in order to develop a successful GIS program. The course material will cover all aspects of GIS project and on-going program management including such areas as:
- strategic and implementation planning
- budgeting and financial management
- business case development and cost-benefit evaluation
- team building and human resources -important technical management issues
- product/service procurement and vendor/contract management and
- important legal and policy issues for GIS project and program management
The workshop will focus on practical issues and challenges faced by GIS managers. It is structured to allow adequate time to discuss important topics and for attendees to ask questions and present their own experiences.
Interested? Here are the details:
- The workshop will be presented on Zoom. The connection information and other details will be emailed to those registered, and certificates of completion will be provided.
- To register for this workshop, please make sure that your URISA membership is current for 2022. Join or renew at https://www.urisa.org/membership/get-plugged-in/.