Looking to get a little fancy with your GIS data? Why not create a dashboard in ArcGIS Online? Click below to find out how to do it!
The 2020 Census is underway! This presentation will share the ways in which the Census Bureau has modernized the decennial census taking process, with a focus on:
- The comprehensive national address list and associated geospatial database
- Invitation and self response phases
- Non-response follow up phase
- Data tabulation and dissemination
- The presentation will share the current status of operations in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and plans for completing the 2020 Census count.
The speaker will be Deirdre Dalpiaz Bishop, Chief of the Geography Division at the U.S. Census Bureau. Talk and Q&A lasting approximately 50 minutes.
Friday, May 15th at 2pm EDT/ 1pm CDT / 12pm MDT / 11am PDT
Zoom meeting URL:
Interesting article about the resurgence of jigsaw puzzles and how puzzles from centuries ago were mostly made out of maps. You can even try digital map puzzles online! Check it out.
The USGS has released the first unified geologic map of the moon. This new work represents a seamless, globally consistent, 1:5,000,000-scale geologic map derived from the six digitally renovated geologic maps. The goal of this project was to create a digital resource for science research and analysis, future geologic mapping efforts, be it local-, regional-, or global-scale products, and as a resource for the educators and the public interested in lunar geology. Click below to check it out!