Natural Resource Consultants (NRC) is a growing environmental consulting firm located in Laguna Beach, California. We are currently seeking person(s) with advanced training/experience in GIS including use of, standard mapping features, spatial analysts, 3-d analyst, and environmental modeling. Applicants should have excellent writing and communication skills as well some training/experience with GIS application to biological resources evaluation and environmental management. Person should be prepared to manage/train other GIS users and trouble shoot software/hardware problems should they arise.
Experience with statistical analysis of field data describing vegetation cover, species distribution, and environmental change a big plus. Understanding of current environmental regulations in including federal Endangered Species Act, CEQA and NEPA would be noteworthy. Applicants should be prepared to work as an integral team member on high profile and controversial projects.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Cenergy has an opening for a GIS Analyst/Document Controller in their Bakersfield office.
Cenergy is the most dependable source of workforce solutions in the oil and gas industry. We provide specialized energy personnel, safety services, inspection solutions, logistics optimization and vendor management. We’re dedicated to delivering the right people, with the right knowledge and experience, anywhere in the world.
Partnering with our client, we are currently searching for a GIS Analyst/Document Controller.
• Responsible to receive, review, control and archive all Company’s engineering documents including but not limited to project engineering documents and document inherited from Company’s new acquisitions
• Responsible to maintain and manage the Company’s document control database
• Responsible to ensure engineering documents and GIS databases follow Company’s policies, standards and procedures
• Responsible to develop, contribute, train and implement work instructions and procedures
• Responsible to ensure document compliance and coordinating document control issues with external contractors
• Responsible to develop and maintain a GIS database for pipelines, including but not limited to location, pipeline specifications, equipment and associated production facilities
• Responsible to providing mapping, drafting and graphics support to meet the business objectives of the Facilities and Constructions, and Mechanical Integrity groups, and interact with other Company departments including but not limited to, land, IT, and operations staff
• Quickly create maps working from existing databases, put maps into Powerpoint and edit as needed
• Responsible for managing the receipt, registration, distribution, tracking and storage of incoming and outgoing document transmittals of Project Documents
• Ensure the timely turnover of project documents and drawings (Design and Supplier documentation)
• Collation of all project records, both electronic and hard copy, in preparation for project handover and archiving
• Eligible to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Please upload a copy of all required certifications and training
• Must be able to work independently under consultant’s own direction
• Client only interested in results attained
• A minimum of an Associates Degree in GIS technology is preferred and 5 years experience with course work in ArcGIS, AutoCAD and other graphic arts software
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geography or related field would be desirable
• An equivalent combination of relevant education, training and/or experience to show evidence of proficiency in the design, preparation and revision of complex mapping, drafting and graphics projects is required
• Proficient in the use of ArcGIS software suite: ArcMap, ArcCatalog and ArcToolbox
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and other graphic and presentation applications such as, CorelDraw, PhotoPaint and PowerPoint
• Competent in the use of Google Earth Pro
• Competent in the use of database and data analysis software: MS Access, TIBCO- Spotfire
• Working knowledge on Engineering drawings and pipeline equipment
• Skilled using third party GIS software, such as, Landworks Inc. suite of tools, i.e. Parcel Edit Tools, Land Parcel Management and Landworks Toolbox
• Effective team player who takes an active role in team responsibilities
• Expected to be fully competent to independently perform a full range of duties
• Expected to use independent judgment in developing solutions to problems
• Capable to work on multiple tasks concurrently