Natural Resource Consultants (NRC) is a growing environmental consulting firm located in Laguna Beach, California. We are currently seeking person(s) with advanced training/experience in GIS including use of, standard mapping features, spatial analysts, 3-d analyst, and environmental modeling. Applicants should have excellent writing and communication skills as well some training/experience with GIS application to biological resources evaluation and environmental management. Person should be prepared to manage/train other GIS users and trouble shoot software/hardware problems should they arise.
Experience with statistical analysis of field data describing vegetation cover, species distribution, and environmental change a big plus. Understanding of current environmental regulations in including federal Endangered Species Act, CEQA and NEPA would be noteworthy. Applicants should be prepared to work as an integral team member on high profile and controversial projects.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Cenergy has an opening for a GIS Analyst/Document Controller in their Bakersfield office.
Cenergy is the most dependable source of workforce solutions in the oil and gas industry. We provide specialized energy personnel, safety services, inspection solutions, logistics optimization and vendor management. We’re dedicated to delivering the right people, with the right knowledge and experience, anywhere in the world.
Partnering with our client, we are currently searching for a GIS Analyst/Document Controller.
• Responsible to receive, review, control and archive all Company’s engineering documents including but not limited to project engineering documents and document inherited from Company’s new acquisitions
• Responsible to maintain and manage the Company’s document control database
• Responsible to ensure engineering documents and GIS databases follow Company’s policies, standards and procedures
• Responsible to develop, contribute, train and implement work instructions and procedures
• Responsible to ensure document compliance and coordinating document control issues with external contractors
• Responsible to develop and maintain a GIS database for pipelines, including but not limited to location, pipeline specifications, equipment and associated production facilities
• Responsible to providing mapping, drafting and graphics support to meet the business objectives of the Facilities and Constructions, and Mechanical Integrity groups, and interact with other Company departments including but not limited to, land, IT, and operations staff
• Quickly create maps working from existing databases, put maps into Powerpoint and edit as needed
• Responsible for managing the receipt, registration, distribution, tracking and storage of incoming and outgoing document transmittals of Project Documents
• Ensure the timely turnover of project documents and drawings (Design and Supplier documentation)
• Collation of all project records, both electronic and hard copy, in preparation for project handover and archiving
• Eligible to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Please upload a copy of all required certifications and training
• Must be able to work independently under consultant’s own direction
• Client only interested in results attained
• A minimum of an Associates Degree in GIS technology is preferred and 5 years experience with course work in ArcGIS, AutoCAD and other graphic arts software
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geography or related field would be desirable
• An equivalent combination of relevant education, training and/or experience to show evidence of proficiency in the design, preparation and revision of complex mapping, drafting and graphics projects is required
• Proficient in the use of ArcGIS software suite: ArcMap, ArcCatalog and ArcToolbox
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and other graphic and presentation applications such as, CorelDraw, PhotoPaint and PowerPoint
• Competent in the use of Google Earth Pro
• Competent in the use of database and data analysis software: MS Access, TIBCO- Spotfire
• Working knowledge on Engineering drawings and pipeline equipment
• Skilled using third party GIS software, such as, Landworks Inc. suite of tools, i.e. Parcel Edit Tools, Land Parcel Management and Landworks Toolbox
• Effective team player who takes an active role in team responsibilities
• Expected to be fully competent to independently perform a full range of duties
• Expected to use independent judgment in developing solutions to problems
• Capable to work on multiple tasks concurrently
Orange County has an open Cadastral Tech II position in Santa Ana. Position closes November 26, 2013.
Under general supervision, performs cadastral mapping duties using a Geographic Information System (GIS) which is Computer-Aided; performs cadastral tasks including the preparation and maintenance of County maps related to property boundaries of various kinds; researches property ownership; reads and interprets complex legal descriptions; and performs related work as assigned. This is the fully qualified working level in the Cadastral Technician series and is distinguished from that of the Senior Cadastral Technician in that this class is assigned no leadership responsibility, and is distinguished from that of the Cadastral Technician I in the complexity of work performed and the level of independence in which work is performed. This class has a one (1) year probationary period.
The Assessor Department is responsible for valuing all real property and business personal property in the County and for producing annual and supplemental assessment rolls that list all taxable property in the county. To accomplish this requirement the office is focused on property valuation, assessments, and is production-oriented. (A critical role in this process is the creation of and maintenance of Assessor Parcel Maps for all assessable parcels in Orange County.) More than one million units of property, including 160,000 business entities, were valued for the 2013 Rolls. The office employs approximately 300 people. The Orange County Assessor (Department Executive Manager) is elected every four years. The Orange County Assessor Department has only one (1) office and it is located in the Santa Ana Civic Center.
Three years experience doing Geographic Information System (GIS) involving cadastral tasks including the preparation and maintenance of maps related to property boundaries of various kinds, and researching property ownership.
A bachelors degree in mapping, or surveying may be substituted for the required experience.
Vision sufficient to read standard text; speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably in person, over the telephone and to groups; manual dexterity to handwrite and key items into computer. Must have the dexterity and vision necessary to use a computer for a full eight (8) hour work day.
Applications will be evaluated by the Assessor Department to identify applicants whose experience is most closely related to the stated qualifications. The candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be referred to the next step.
Supplemental Screening (Refer to Interview/ Non-Refer to Interview): Responses to supplemental questions will be screened. Please ensure you answer supplemental questions fully. No credit can be given for information not supplied in the supplemental answer. Top candidates will be invited to the written exam.
Written Exam (Pass/Fail): A written test consisting of job-related multiple choice/essay questions will be administered. Please bring a calculator.
Panel interview (Weighed 100%): Candidates will be interviewed and rated by a panel of job knowledge experts. Each candidate’s rating will be based on responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the candidate’s qualifications for the job.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Apply On-line. Only on-line applications will be accepted.
• When you apply, make sure to print the confirmation page.
• Please match your professional experience with the specific qualifications listed in the bulletin and include the areas which you have developed expertise.
• A resume will Not be accepted.
Questions? If you have questions related to this recruitment, please contact Steven Harness at (714) 834-2875 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
iWater, Inc., has an open GIS Specialist position.
Growing software and service company in Irvine, CA has an immediate opening for a GIS Specialists to work closely with other team members to provide customers, vendors and users with training on software, data integration, and assistance with questions and issues. Our GIS Specialists also assist other employees with set up and trouble-shooting of hardware and software. Excellent communication skills, teamwork, and “can-do” attitude are vital.
*NOTE: Only qualified applicants currently living in Southern California will be considered.
· Commute to our Irvine office daily.
· Answer questions & help users solve technical problems quickly.
· Provide information and assistance to current/existing customers.
· Travel off-site and out of town to train clients and end-users on software.
· Coordinate/communicate with team members to complete GIS projects.
· Assist sales team with demonstrations and training as needed.
· Acquire, convert, and manipulate GIS data to meet clients’ needs.
· Effectively oversee technical component of field service projects.
· Maintain end-user manuals, help systems, and product documentation.
· Other duties and problem-resolution as required and apparent.
· Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Engineering, GIS or a related field.
· 4+ years GIS experience (or equivalent education and experience).
· Thorough knowledge of GIS technology and fundamentals.
· Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS software products.
· ArcSDE geodatabase administration.
· Prefer: Experience developing ArcGIS for Server applications.
· Prefer: SQL Server and Oracle experience.
· Prefer: Field data collection experience with Trimble GPS.
· Prefer: Experience working with Water, Wastewater or Utilities.
· Currently living in Southern CA with U.S. citizenship or green card.
· Must be able to commute to and work daily at our Irvine office.
· Good driving record, valid Driver’s license and ability to drive to clients’ locations in Southern CA to provide training and support.
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Must be able travel overnight to provide customer training & assistance.
. Travel varies. Typically 1-4 trips/month of 2 nights ea. within U.S.
· Able to speak clearly and provide information, instructions or assistance.
· Excellent communication skills via phone, in writing or in person.
· Organized, positive attitude, and ability to problem-solve and multi-task.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please email your resume and salary requirements or history to iWaterJobs@cox.net.
* NO SOLICITATION. ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MAY CONTACT US.
With the support of the Friends at KB in 2013 helped acquire a beautiful atlas: a copy of the Dutch edition of the “Theatrum Orbis Terrarum” (Theater of the World) of Abraham Ortelius (1527-1598), published in Antwerp in 1571. The Latin edition of this work was published a year earlier in the same city and is considered the first modern atlas. Until 1612, 41 editions of this work have been published in several languages.
The website is in Dutch, but the atlas images are fantastic.