This FREE crash course (tutorial) will teach you a basic understanding of how to use and interpret historical aerial photographs (air photos).
This tutorial is designed to be used by adults including undergraduate students. The tutorial is a serious endeavor created to teach you something; it is not a site for pretty pictures.
The tutorial is broken into 2 parts — introductory text and quizzes. The introductory text can be completed in approximately 30 minutes. The quizzes are skill-building exercises and can be completed in 30 to 45 minutes.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- To think in a logical order when trying to find and examine aerial photographs
- To understand the 5 basic questions to always ask when examining aerial photographs
- About The Colorado Time Machine aerial photograph collection at the Arthur Lakes Library, Colorado School of Mines
- To understand the potential and limitations of aerial photographs
- Introductory techniques to interpret human activities shown on aerial photographs
Start learning about air photos! https://mines.libwizard.com/f/airphotos_2
Think you already know a lot about aerial photographs?
Go directly to the quizzes! https://mines.libwizard.com/f/airphotos_2/p/21