The USGS National Geospatial Program is again updating the US Interagency Elevation Inventory. We invite you to provide us information so that your data is discoverable by others. Your data need not be in the public domain, and the entry will provide a link to inquire about the data, or to a download site if available. This is not a repository for data; it is a way to make data findable. If you have high quality lidar data you wish to donate to USGS data repositories, we can have the conversation at any time.
- Shapefile footprint with metadata
- Vendor tasking, if available
- Status (in work, available, etc.)
- Restrictions (if it is public domain)
- QA or acceptance reports (so we can calculate quality level)
- Contact information (for internal purposes only; no PII will be publicly posted)
- url for download or public inquiry (if available)
- Arizona (to Drew by COB 3/25/2019)
- Nevada (to Carol by COB 3/11/2019)
- Hawaii (to Drew or Carol by COB 3/25/2019)
- Pacific Basin Islands (to Drew by COB 3/25/2019
- California (to Drew or Carol by COB 3/25/2019)
If you have an awareness of data that you did not procure, we are happy to chase down the source if you can provide a pointer to a contact person. We try to duplicate what currently shows in both NOAA’s digital coast and Opentopography.org. If you have updates to an existing entry on the inventory, please let us know by the due dates above.
Any questions, please call either one of us, and feel free to pass this request along to others inside or outside of your organization so that our inventory can be as up-to-date as possible.