Hack for Pasadena is two-days of open sourced talks and hands-on problem solving, to re-imagine the way the web, applications, technology, and community participation will shape the future of the City of Pasadena. Hack for Pasadena brings together the tech community with businesses, nonprofits, academia and city officials to work together to solve complex social problems through technology innovation. Anyone can pitch an idea or problem. Ideas may range from coming up with creative ways to address the city’s biggest challenges like homelessness, transportation, crime, affordable housing and public safety, to beautification projects and business ideas that will make the city more livable. From there, small groups form to brainstorm solutions and start tackling the issue with design and code. Publicly accessible data sets will be used to support the solutions. At the end of two days, each group will present a workable solution that improves the daily life for real people in our community.
And here are the prizes!
- $5,000 Cash Prizes
- $1,000 cash prize for most effective and creative use of Esri’s ArcGIS apps, APIs, maps, or services
- $1,000+ value of donated gifts
- Meet and greet with VCs from Lion Wells Capital, Mucker Capital & Karlin Ventures
- Free new business advisory services with the Small Business Development Center at Pasadena City College
- Event organizers are finding even more prizes so stay tuned…
Hack For Pasadena will be Saturday March 15 to Sunday March 16. For more information and to register, visit www.hackforpasadena.com .