On Thursday, August 22, 2013, the 2013 TIGER/Line Shapefiles will be released along with a new product, the TIGER Geodatabases.
The TIGER/Line Shapefiles will include a coastline feature starting this year. The coastline was delineated by the Census Bureau in the MAF/TIGER database based on water measurement class for display of statistical information only; its depiction and designation for statistical purposes does not constitute a determination of jurisdictional authority or rights of ownership or entitlement and it is not a legal land description.
The TIGER Geodatabases will include:
- National Edges file (14.5 GB)
- National Roads file (3.6 GB)
- National Blocks file
- National Linear Hydrography file
- National Aeral Hydrography file
- National Sub-State Geography file (includes state, county, incorporated place, census designated place, consolidated city, county subdivision, census tract, and block group geography)
- National Nation-Level Geography file
- National Legislative Areas file
- National School Districts file
- National American Indian Area Related file
- National Rails file
- National Address Ranges file
- State-based files (one per state)
Please direct questions to GEO.TIGER@census.gov or (301) 763-1128.