The Morcos Group, Inc., a Los Angeles based Engineering firm specialized in Transportation, Water, and Solid Resources Projects, is seeking highly motivated and dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality work in GIS. The successful selected individuals will work as part of a team on our project with the City of Los Angeles, Bureau of Sanitation.
Required Qualifications for Success:
- Master’s degree in Geography, Cartography, Archaeology, GIS Technology (GIST), Biology, Environmental Science or related field with an emphasis in GIS
- Minimum of two years GIS experience
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with ArcGIS 10.x as well as knowledge of cartography and computer mapping including design principles and understanding map creation procedures in ArcGIS
- Demonstrated ability of data transfer, data analysis, data mining, and data inventory using basic spreadsheet applications (e.g., Excel, Access, ArcGIS attribute tables)
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with GPS technology and field data collection techniques
- Knowledge of some of the following: ArcSDE, ArcPad, ArcServer, Python, and key markup language is a plus
- Good Communication skills
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident of the US (Green Card)
The positions are entry/mid-level. Interested? Please send your resume to Sherif Morcos at Admin@TheMorcosGroup.com.