Maricopa Orchards in Fresno has an opening for a GIS Director.
Maricopa Orchards is seeking a qualified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) to manage company mapping software along with geographical information and data related to our organization. The GISP candidate will develop our custom GIS database and mapping analysis. The GISP will also integrate existing company software and data necessary for capturing, managing, analyzing and displaying all forms of geographic information. In addition, the candidate must be able to collaborate with IT disciplines to ensure that necessary changes to the information technology environment are instituted with an appropriate level of quality, cost, and consistency.
- Responsible for designing, programming and analyzing data in GIS;
- Coordinate/implement database programming, development and administration;
- Responsible for Create high quality exhibits and maps for multiple projects;
- Developing IT best practices, coordinating, planning, and driving technical solutions surrounding company’s database including use of tablet computers in the field;
- Importing/exporting information from Microsoft and other brands of software to our company database;
- Maintaining shapefiles, File Geodatabases, and SQL databases;
- Ensuring all changes/updates to company database are documented, tested, and approved by users;
- Training staff on coordinate system using AutoCAD and GIS;
- Communicating effectively with programmer and staff to implement database development;
- Leading and managing assigned mapping projects; and
- Keeping well-informed of technical changes and innovations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems or related field;
- Proficiency with database systems and design methodologies;
- Experience managing GIS systems;
- Experience using HGIS and Trimble GPS software;
- Proficient in data conversion;
- Experience working with SQL database;
- Demonstrated knowledge managing database systems;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required to work with technical specialists and a diverse user community including field personnel; and
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.