SCE has an opening for a GIS Technical Specialist 2, contract position.
The GIS Technical Specialist has to be adaptive within a team environment, work safely and deal with multiple projects and tight deadlines. It is imperative that the Technical Specialist be self-motivated and organized dealing with a multi-tasked work floor. The Technical Specialist will be responsible for creating various vector related products across a number of platforms with keen attention to detail and accuracy. Candidates should be able to demonstrate fluency in ArcGIS for Desktop, specifically data editing, geodatabase management, and geoprocessing tools. Ideal candidates will have 2 or more years of experience applying geospatial techniques and best practices to real world problems.
- Produces data layers, maps, tables, or reports, using spatial analysis procedures or GIS technology.
- Performs standard spatial analysis such as buffering, spatial overlays and distance calculations using established methods and procedures.
- Perform data quality controls including but not limited to attribution checks, and manage associated documents.
- Publish and administer hosted web layers using ArcGIS Online.
- Document techniques for editing and manipulating geographic data.
- Perform digital feature extraction from multiple data sources.
- Attribute digital data accurately.
- Knowledge of geospatial data collection, analysis, and/or conversion with ESRI products (ArcMap, ArcToolBox, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well with a diverse team of people.
- Experience coordinating or leading GIS projects.
- Proficiency in languages and tools such as: Python, ArcGIS Model Builder, and scripting
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive and SharePoint
- Must be able to multi-task and troubleshoot for technical solutions.
- Must be punctual to all work schedules and perform job assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be able to adjust to unexpected changes in work demand to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and troubleshoot issues to supervisor.
- Ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision.
This position is a contract position that is 12 months in duration. Please send resumes to Michael.Hinton@sce.com