The Valencia Water Company in Santa Clarita has an opening for a GIS/CAD Technician.
Under general supervision, this position prepares, maintains, and updates GIS and CAD data and drawings in support of the Valencia Water Company’s applications; performs field GPS data collection and other related duties as required.
Essential functions include:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and ArcGIS software
- Working knowledge of GPS technology and the migration from GPS to GIS and CAD applications.
- Perform geodatabase maintenance and updates.
- Updates necessary layers, data sets, and database in the maintenance of GIS and CAD applications.
- Data editing both in GIS and CAD environments.
- Prepare detailed post-construction drawings.
- Perform field GPS data collection for data capture and conversion.
- Performs digitization of drawings and maps.
- Participates in department meetings for the purpose of work review, project planning and project execution.
- Receives and responds to requests for GIS map and CAD drawing productions.
- Reviews tabular and spatial data for consistency, quality, and accuracy.
- Scans, maintains, and prints engineering/as-built drawings.