Position: Senior Enterprise GIS Consultant
The SCAG IT Application Development Department is seeking a Senior GIS Consultant to maintain, support, and administer SCAG’s geodatabase and GIS datasets and provide GIS training to local jurisdictions and SCAG staff. The Consultant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform system upgrades to all ESRI related products including but not limited to ESRI ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS SDE, and ArcGIS Online, as needed.
- Support the GIS group to perform data cleanup and restructure for all GIS related data and databases.
- Perform data transfer between the geodatabases in Microsoft SQL Server and other resources in different file formats.
- Provide real-time technical and hands-on support of SCAG existing Geodatabase system
- Develop and consolidate guidelines, policies, and procedures for both administrators and end users for the Enterprise GIS (EGIS) implementation.
- Develop and maintain EGIS implementation plan and lay out the business workflows to access and update the geodatabase. This includes searching, viewing, and updating the spatial data in the geodatabase.
- Provide an overall strategy and weekly reports to SCAG EGIS team leaders to reach the objective that all SCAG staff use the geodatabase as the primary repository for GIS data files and data sharing.
- Provide one-on-one sessions to assist SCAG GIS Group and Planners to transition from using the dBase file to using the centralized geodatabase for their daily operations.
- Assist GIS group with existing web services (map/feature) implementation.
- Provide GIS application demos and customized advanced training for SCAG staff and local jurisdiction staff as needed.
- Perform other EGIS related tasks as needed, including but not limited to spatial and 3D analysis.
Minimum of five (5) years of Enterprise GIS implementation experience with ESRI ArcGIS (desktop, engine, server) on Microsoft SQL Server and ArcGIS Online.
- Two (2) years of experience with Web GIS APIs, ArcObject, or Python, and one or more of the following: C#, VBScript, C++, or Java Script.
- Knowledge and experience with Geocortex Essentials.
- Knowledge on urban and regional planning
- Experience on working with local jurisdictions and government agencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent assignments
- Capability to work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
This is a contract position for 12+ months with possible extension. Up to $90/hr on C2C.
More info and to apply: Pearl Kingston, Talent Acquisition Executive, 443-321-2721