The City of Santa Monica has an opening for a part-time temporary GIS Analyst. The GIS Analyst designs, analyzes and maintains the City’s Geographic Information System (GIS) applications databases and manages GIS related projects. Major duties include:
- Creates and maintains GIS data, layers, maps, interactive maps, services and 3D assets.
- Performs geospatial data analysis resulting in maps, applications, reports and/or models.
- Maintains GIS data via Esri product suite.
- Emits GIS data via Esri product suite, freeware tools, online mapping tools, and other third party products across all applicable mediums (including smartphones, tablets, desktop computers and paper.)
- Collects, analyzes and provides services related to customer GIS application and data requests.
- Digitizes customer supplied information.
- Trains and assists system users in new and existing GIS applications.
- Oversees work of consultants and contractors.
- Assists in determining system requirements.
- Evaluates, installs and maintains GIS software and databases.
- Assists in evaluation, selection, deployment, and management of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products.
- Ensures City’s Emergency Operations Center is equipped with optimal GIS capabilities.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Pay is $45.46/hour.
Visit the job announcement page for more info and to apply.