SCE is looking for a GIS Technical Specialist to join their Geospatial Analysis Team.
The Geospatial Analysis Team within Real Properties is seeking an experienced GIS Technical Specialist to serve on project teams to provide GIS support. The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of geospatial services by interfacing with internal/external clients to assess project requirements; create high-end analytical and cartographic map products utilizing various data types and sources; perform geospatial analysis for maps and/or reports; acquire data from various sources; create, maintain, and document (metadata). This position will also include the design, modeling, implementation, and maintenance of geospatial databases and identifying and evaluating potential GIS applications and tools to improve operational efficiency and integration of location-based information.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Leads or participates as a team member on special projects and Major Project Organization (MPO) large infrastructure projects. Provide functional direction to subject matter experts (SMEs) and other GIS specialists on such projects.
- Performs in-depth analyses, develop recommendations, and provides consultative services on an as-needed basis to address complex customer and/or company problems/issues which cross organizational boundaries and require thorough technical knowledge to resolve.
- Provides training and coaching to stakeholders to familiarize geodatabase design, functionality and usage.
- Creates analytical and cartographic map products utilizing various data types and sources including satellite imagery/aerial photography.
- Travels to local site locations and work extended days may be required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field performing complex analysis, consulting, and providing recommendations on GIS and CAD processes and solutions.
- Bachelor Degree in Geography, Environmental Science, Computer Science with an emphasis in GIS, or other specialized field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of ESRI ArcGIS 10.0 or higher, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office software applications.
- Experience with enterprise level geodatabase development and management.
- Experience with ArcGIS Online and web app development
- Strong project management experience, including an ability to interface with clients to assess project requirements and to plan, organize, track and meet scheduled project deadlines and cost.
- Experience in cartographic standards and usage of peripherals such as plotters, digitizers, and scanners.
- Attention to detail, customer focus, teamwork, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Master’s degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science or related field; Geographic Information Systems Professional Certification (GISP).
Deadline for resumes is 9/11/2015
This is a temporary 12-month position.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA; however, the successful candidate may also be asked to work from other SCE facilities as needed.
Please direct all inquiries and resumes to Michael Hinton at firstname.lastname@example.org