We are looking to hiring two GIS Contingent Workers. Below is an outline of duties and qualifications, this is a 12 month position, no benefits.
The GIS Technical Specialist has to be adaptive within a team environment, dealing with multiple projects over tight deadlines. It is imperative that the Technical Specialist be self-motivated and organized dealing with a multi-tasked work floor. The Technical Specialist will be responsible for creating various vector related products across a number of platforms with keen attention to detail and accuracy. Candidates should be able to demonstrate fluency in ArcGIS for Desktop, specifically data editing, geodatabase management, and geoprocessing tools. Ideal candidates will have 2 or more years of experience applying geospatial techniques and best practices to real world problems.
- Produces data layers, maps, tables, or reports, using spatial analysis procedures or GIS technology.
- Performs standard spatial analysis such as buffering, spatial overlays and distance calculations using established methods and procedures.
- Perform topology checks and other data quality controls including but not limited to attribution checks, and manage associated documents.
- Clean geographic data topology errors and omissions.
- Document techniques for editing and manipulating geographic data.
- Perform digital feature extraction from multiple data sources.
- Attribute digital data accurately.
- Knowledge of geospatial data collection, analysis, and/or conversion with ESRI products (ArcMap, ArcToolBox, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well with a diverse team of people.
- Must be able to multi-task and troubleshoot for technical solutions.
- Must be punctual to all work schedules and perform job assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be able to adjust to unexpected changes in work demand to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and troubleshoot issues to supervisor.
- Ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision.
Interested? Send resume via email to Caroline Fraser.
GIS Manager, Geospatial Analysis
Southern California Edison
General Office 3 | 2131 Walnut Grove Ave | Rosemead, CA 91770
T. 626.302.4206 | C. 714.699.6048 | E. email@example.com