Jacobs Engineering has a GIS Technician opening in Los Angeles.
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technician works directly with the GIS Coordinator on various tasks associated with project GIS deliverable development and general project support. They will be responsible for completing various types of requests for geospatial base map data, infrastructure data, cartographic output, project data update, and data extraction in support of GIS Deliverable production for the Sempra Energy 10 year Pipeline Safety Enhancement Plan (PSEP). The Geographic Information Systems technician will be part of the PSEP Project Management Organization (PMO) working directly with the Southern California Gas Company and San Diego Gas and Electric Company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret field notes and sketches, assist in downloading and processing conventional and GPS data from Trimble Business Center or similar software.
- Research, extract and populate required attribute information for identified deliverable GIS features
- Use ArcGIS to update PSEP project routing files (KML)
- Use ArcGIS software to extract project support data such as imagery and low and medium pressure line data from client data stores
- Generate cartographic output in support of PSEP project as needed
Training and Experience:
- Bachelors in Cartography and/or Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- 3+ years experience using ESRI ArcGIS version 10.0 or higher – Required
- Sufficient GIS working experience and certification may fulfill requirements
- Working understanding of geodatabase format – Required
- Familiarity with pipeline data preferred
- Ability to read technical documents including construction drawings
- Familiarity with SDE a plus
For more information and to apply, visit this site.