Organization: The Omega Group, a Trimble Company
Title: GIS Support Technician
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business. The Omega Group, part of Trimble’s Public Safety Division, is an industry leading developer of innovative Geographic Information Systems software for public safety. We bring the latest technologies to law enforcement and fire agencies, providing the tools to keep communities safe. With over 20 years in the industry, we continue to develop leading edge software in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
GIS Support Technician
The GIS Support Technician is an entry-level position in The Omega Group’s Implementation department. Technicians primarily provide technical support to our customers and have a secondary role working collaboratively with a project team on multiple phases of GIS application development. Technicians work under the supervision of the Customer Support Supervisor and are on a career path to promotion to Project Lead as openings occur.
Measures of Success:
• Provide high-quality phone and email support to clients to help them solve technical problems quickly and effectively
• Assess and resolve a wide variety of technical issues
• Document technical support issues in a centralized database
• Communicate and document end user suggestions such as software functionality recommendations to staff
• Assist the project implementation team with various technical aspects of the GIS application development including, but not limited to: data collection, geocoding, query writing, report writing, and application testing
• Perform software testing to troubleshoot issues and evaluate solutions
• Demonstrate continual enrichment of Omega product knowledge and understanding of end user needs
• Conduct on-going professional self-development to support changes and enhancements of the project management processes
Skills & Experience Required:
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in geography, GIS, or other closely related field
• Strong communication skills
• At least one year of experience with GIS, preferably using ESRI’s ArcGIS software platform
• Familiarity with technical terms and the ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely
• Ability to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
• Customer service/software support experience preferred
• Experience working with public safety agencies and/or data preferred
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com .