Universal Consulting Services [UCS] is looking for a GIS Application Systems Administrator for one of the world’s largest centralized GIS enterprise in existence today. This is an opportunity supporting the DOD in Port Hueneme California. Starting pay is $75,000. Note that this position will be more of an ArcGIS Server/IT Admin role and will assist in GIS issues. Training will be included, so looking for someone with an attitude and desire to learn and excel.
- Responsible for designing, architecting, implementing and maintaining all GIS systems.
- Administer 24 hour on-call support, while limiting outage periods to less than 30 min.
- Manage, and work on trouble ticketing system (Support Tracking System) to a 100 plus GIS based user community.
- Work in a 3 tier enterprise environment. Test/Development, Acceptance, and Production. Manage all application code repositories in each of the environment.
- Continually offer the latest in security patching, from STIGS, Retina Scanning to SRR vulnerability scanning and patching.
- Install all components of the enterprise GIS, ArcGIS 10.1, 30 + extensions, ArcGIS Server 10.1, ArcGIS Image Server 10.1, IIS7, ESS [explosive Safety Systems 9.3.1] & Windows server 2008 R2 Standard edition.
- Reconcile conflicts within and between staff regarding resources, deadlines, etc. by presenting effective alternative solutions to maintain accreditation.
- Apply a wide degree of creativity and the ability to make quick judgment calls to follow through with multiple and complex tasks simultaneously.
- Effectively presented complex and IT concepts to non GIS personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree Preferably in GIS, Geography or related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of GIS application administration and management experience.
- Experience can be substituted for MA, IT skills, or driven personality
CompTIA Security+ certification required to set foot on base. Not required for interview.
- Must be a US citizen and successfully pass background check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain government security clearance, no felonies or bankruptcy
- Do you follow directions well?
- Are you a self-starter and problem solver?
- Do you continually try to find more efficient solutions?
- Do you get along well with others?
- Do you have the ability to effetely communicate in difficult situations?
If this sounds like you, please send Resumes to: Shea.Broussard.email@example.com
Universal Consulting Services, Inc. was founded in 2000 with the mission of becoming a highly professional and trusted provider of innovative business and technology solutions for the government and industry. That mission was achieved and continues to drive UCS’s workforce today. UCS is an 8(a) Certified, Woman-Owned, Disadvantaged Business headquartered in Fairfax, VA, and supports customer needs in the areas of Federal Acquisition, Enterprise Solutions, Financial Management, Military Deployment Health Program Management, and IT/ System Development Life Cycle.