Title: GIS Manager
Job Number: 13036020
Xerox is in search of a talented GIS Manager to join a team responsible for designing, developing, optimizing and supporting the City of Riverside’s enterprise GIS system. The successful candidate will be a member of the team that is responsible for the orderly and technically sound development and operation of GIS systems and GIS user satisfaction. The individual will also be supporting other applications the City uses with help from vendors and our applications team.
• Directs Execute and manage the activities of GIS applications development under the direction of CIO of City of Riverside and Director of Enterprise Application, Xerox-Riverside.
• Manage the CadMe Replacement(Coverage based enterprise GIS System) project and ArcFM project
• Work with other division managers and supervisors to manage GIS related licenses.
• Full understanding of ETL concepts and hands of Python script writing is mandatory
• Working knowledge of ESRI Parcel Fabric, ArcFM workbench ,workbench, DXF files conversion, and geo-processing are necessary skills.
• ESRI SDE version control and ability to draft editing procedure is a highly desirable.
• Manages GIS design, test, development, installation, and maintenance activities
• Defines requirements, reviews business practices and performs technical review of GIS applications, implementations and operations
• Plans, conducts, and coordinates business programming applications activities
• Establishes programming standards and program documentation requirements
• Reviews current status of system applications and prepares recommendations for improvements
• Plans and directs studies of potential new applications
• Knowledge of technical GIS concepts and techniques, including but not limited to use of data models, topology, database structures, and application tuning
• On-going coordination, monitoring and problem resolution for the City’s GIS systems, applications and users
• Plan and/or conduct in-house and contracted GIS training programs under the direction of CIO of City of Riverside and Director of Enterprise Application, Xerox-Riverside.
• Coordinate meetings with City user departments to ensure needs are understood and addressed
Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Builds productive internal/external working relationships
• Ability to generate cartographic maps and reports
• Knowledge of Oracle and SQL databases are desirable
Experience in database administration, relational database design, and implementation related to ArcGIS and enterprise databases is highly desirable. Ability to orient employees in the operation of GIS hardware and software; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, department managers and staff, and the general public; ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public; ability to analyze a variety of complex working procedures; ability to solve problems within scope of responsibility. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public is also required.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s). Acts as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Planning, or a closely related field. A Masters degree is desirable.
• 10 years of related experience.
Xerox is the world’s leading enterprise for business process and document management. Its services, technology, and expertise enable workplaces – from small businesses to large global enterprises – to simplify the way work gets done so they operate more effectively and focus more on what matters most: their real business. Xerox offers business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, healthcare solutions, HR benefits management, finance support, transportation solutions, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The company also provides extensive leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox serves clients in more than 160 countries.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
To apply, go to the Xerox job search page and search for job number 13036020.