GIS/Field Technician, Southern California
Utility Data Contractors, Inc. (UDC), a provider of Field Data Services, is seeking qualified applicants to perform field data collection.
• A minimum of a year of ESRI, ArcGIS Desktop is preferred
• Must have great attention to detail and have the ability to work outdoors and independently
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (including MS Access)
• Understanding of GIS
• Ability to follow specification documents and understand scope of the project
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Electric Utility knowledge a plus
• Ability to travel throughout Southern California area a must
This position involves taking a hand held computer and a laser measuring device to the field to read and record angles and heights of electric facility on poles. Applicants must have the ability to work outdoors in a self managed environment, ability to use field computer, dependable vehicle with good driving record and safety conscience. Proficient computer skills are required and some familiarity with electric utility outside plant assets would be helpful. Travel throughout the Southern California area is required.
This position is full time (40 hours a week). Criminal and motor vehicle background checks will be completed for each applicant. Qualified candidates should send their resume to email@example.com with the subject title of Field Technician. Training will take place at our Agoura Hills, CA field office. Selected candidates must be available to start mid March or early April, 2014. Local candidates preferred. Relocation is not provided for candidates.