GIS Coordinator, Coachella Valley Economic Partnership (CVEP), Palm Springs, CA
The primary responsibilities of this mid-level position will include map production, data creation, data analysis, and the collection and research of data and information from a variety of sources. This position will also be required to build and maintain a relational geodatabase following industry standards for data storage, data integrity, and metadata.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Civil Engineering, Planning or related field, and two (2) years of practical work experience in a GIS discipline using ESRI software is required, or;
• At least four (4) years of practical work experience using ESRI software is required. A GIS certificate from an accredited university or community college can substitute for one year of work experience in GIS.
• 2 year’s experience in the use of ESRI Suite of products: ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 or later (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox). A working knowledge of ESRI product extensions is desired.
• Working knowledge of enterprise relational database management systems
• Working knowledge of GPS technologies and associated software, primarily Trimble handheld GPS units and ArcPad software.
• Working knowledge of PC applications: Windows, Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word), Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Specific GIS application experience in parcel/centerline mapping and data migration from CAD sources is highly desired.
• Experience with ArcGIS Server and the creation and deployment of map services and web applications is desired.
• Strong communication skills working with elected officials, members of the public, and stakeholders in the public/private sectors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
• Map production.
• Collection and research of data and information from a variety of sources (federal, state, county, city, tribal, contractor) for the development and maintenance of the GIS databases. This would include but is not limited to, the creation, verification, and update of various spatial data layers used in our projects.
• Data verification and field work which may entail the use of GPS technology.
• GIS support for all projects. This may include data, analysis, maps, research, and field work.
• Integration and/or migration of AutoCAD parcel/centerline datasets with GIS spatial data. This may involve geo-referencing and/or conversion of the CAD data.
• Integration of parcel data from legal descriptions using coordinate geometry.
SALARY RANGE (MID-LEVEL POSITION)
• $57,000-$80,000 DOE, annually
Email updated resume/CV to: email@example.com or call Joe Wallace for more information: 760-340-1575