iWater, Inc., has an open GIS Specialist position.
Growing software and service company in Irvine, CA has an immediate opening for a GIS Specialists to work closely with other team members to provide customers, vendors and users with training on software, data integration, and assistance with questions and issues. Our GIS Specialists also assist other employees with set up and trouble-shooting of hardware and software. Excellent communication skills, teamwork, and “can-do” attitude are vital.
*NOTE: Only qualified applicants currently living in Southern California will be considered.
· Commute to our Irvine office daily.
· Answer questions & help users solve technical problems quickly.
· Provide information and assistance to current/existing customers.
· Travel off-site and out of town to train clients and end-users on software.
· Coordinate/communicate with team members to complete GIS projects.
· Assist sales team with demonstrations and training as needed.
· Acquire, convert, and manipulate GIS data to meet clients’ needs.
· Effectively oversee technical component of field service projects.
· Maintain end-user manuals, help systems, and product documentation.
· Other duties and problem-resolution as required and apparent.
· Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Engineering, GIS or a related field.
· 4+ years GIS experience (or equivalent education and experience).
· Thorough knowledge of GIS technology and fundamentals.
· Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS software products.
· ArcSDE geodatabase administration.
· Prefer: Experience developing ArcGIS for Server applications.
· Prefer: SQL Server and Oracle experience.
· Prefer: Field data collection experience with Trimble GPS.
· Prefer: Experience working with Water, Wastewater or Utilities.
· Currently living in Southern CA with U.S. citizenship or green card.
· Must be able to commute to and work daily at our Irvine office.
· Good driving record, valid Driver’s license and ability to drive to clients’ locations in Southern CA to provide training and support.
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· Must be able travel overnight to provide customer training & assistance.
. Travel varies. Typically 1-4 trips/month of 2 nights ea. within U.S.
· Able to speak clearly and provide information, instructions or assistance.
· Excellent communication skills via phone, in writing or in person.
· Organized, positive attitude, and ability to problem-solve and multi-task.
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, please email your resume and salary requirements or history to iWaterJobs@cox.net.
* NO SOLICITATION. ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MAY CONTACT US.