T&B Planning’s Tustin, CA office is seeking GIS/Graphics Specialists. Candidates will be considered for part-time, full-time, and on-call positions. Job duties are required to be performed in Tustin CA; local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
GIS/Graphics Specialists work with supervision to research, prepare, revise, and edit graphics for planning and environmental documents, including general plans, specific plans, master plans, historic preservation plans, design guidelines, zoning ordinances, and environmental compliance documents using Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, and GIS software. The GIS/Graphics Specialist also provides supportive mapping data and analysis upon request, in addition to other graphic support functions related to land use and environmental planning. The GIS/Graphics Specialist may assist in preparing spreadsheets, tables, and calculation of statistical abstracts.
Minimum Credentials and Experience:
- AA, BA or BS in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), computer science, civil engineering, graphic arts, planning, geography, cartography, landscape architecture and/or architecture; or
- Graduate of a technical trade school with emphasis in graphic design; or
- Minimum 1 year experience preparing graphics in a planning, environmental, architecture and/or landscape architecture environment; or
- Possess a strong, in-depth portfolio of related graphics abilities in lieu of education or work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong competency using Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, and GIS software.
- Previous graphics preparation experience in a land use planning, community design, and/or environmental analysis capacity preferred.
- Excellent artistic and analytical abilities. Talent in composing colors, textures and text to convey, in an illustrated format, the objective of the intended images.
- Ability to work independently and achieve objectives with limited supervision.
- Familiarity with the Southern California area.
- Ability to take oral and written direction and transform communicated ideas to graphic form.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing the images presented in graphic form.
- Ability to focus on graphics preparation assignments for extended time periods.
- Self-motivated, technically-minded, detail oriented.
Submit resumes with a cover letter and graphics samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for screening and potential in-person interview before September 15, 2013. If you previously applied for a position with T&B Planning, please resubmit your resume. In the cover letter, clearly indicate if you are seeking part-time, full-time, or on-call employment and specify your minimum hourly or annual salary requirement. Compensation is dependent upon experience. T&B Planning is an equal opportunity employer.