Under general supervision, performs moderately geographic information systems (GIS) analyses on natural resources data. Support ongoing GIS data development and sustainment projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists GIS Analyst and management team with the creation, update and correction of personal and distributed GIS databases, project tracking databases, and technical reports to support daily and ongoing project activities.
- Performs digitizing, attributing spatial and tabular data, customer support including manipulation of raster and vector data using COTS and customized geoprocessing tools, GIS map creation to meet required standards, graphic and design work utilizing Adobe and Autodesk products, and some application development. Performs moderately complex analysis of public works and environmental data in support of product development and new business opportunities.
- Assists in planning, designing, developing documents and in analyzing moderately complex spatial and relational databases.
- Applies basic software to manage spatial and related tabular data.
- Assists in building routine databases by capturing map information with a coordinate digitizer.
- Produces computer map products depicting contents of databases.
- Assists in writing moderately complex software routines to facilitate analysis.
- Locates sources of GIS data from Government, state agencies, and private companies.
- Operates computer workstations, digitizers, printers, and plotters following directions.
- Creates moderately complex user applications and interfaces using various programming languages.
- Assists in analyzing image data using basic image processing software. Assists in preparing technical research.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years experience in the application of GIS/GPS technology.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance for access to the base.
- Reliable attendance is required.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, M/F/D/V.