Nokia in Hollywood is looking for someone to fill their Field Analyst II position.
Under general supervision, the Field Analyst II is the primary point of contact for map creation and maintenance activities within a defined geographic area to include map data collection, sourcing and expert community support and moderation.
- Plan, schedule and perform field data collection as required
- Manage and support map project efforts with Global Production in geographic areas of responsibility
- Perform high priority and targeted geo-coding updates as required
- Participate in projects to develop improved map creation processes
- Conduct database testing and inspection within a defined area as part of database ownership
- Conduct research on competitive information, potential new source material and related topics as required
- Solicits, establishes, trains and sustains relationships with local organizations (“expert communities”) that provide map content updates utilizing a HERE API
- Lead and participate in source content identification and acquisition efforts
- Mentor junior-level employees
- Participate in local trade group(s) as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in GIS/Geography, Science, Technology or related field preferred
- 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience
- GIS experience is preferred and proficiency in PC software packages including a familiarity with geography encoding
- Knowledge of project management tools (Microsoft Project, Clarity)
- Well-developed knowledge of product specifications and proprietary tools
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English and in local language in assigned territory
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, problem solve, prioritize and organize to achieve stated goal
- Demonstrated ability for spatial orientation (i.e., applying map to “real world” and mapping “real world” observations)
- Ability to travel frequently and for extended periods within and outside the area
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
For more info and to apply, visit http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10120/jobdetail.ftl?job=1017148&src=JB-10720 .