The USDA Forest Service has a GIS Analyst position opening located in Goleta, CA. Duties include:
- Serves as part of a team responsible for implementing, directing and maintaining a Geographic Information System (GIS) Information Management structure.
- Serves as unit expert on the use of complicated computer systems and GIS software for spatial, tabular and statistical analysis on a wide range of varied resource data.
- Incumbent serves as a GIS analyst. Provides analytical support and training to Forest resources specialist and District GIS/Information personnel on the Forest GIS/Information standards, and procedures in working with GIS software and the associated spatial and attribute information.
- Develops complex applications, designs user friendly interfaces for complex applications and instructs GIS users how to use them for their own analysis and GIS products.
- Independently schedules and manages time to complete projects in recommended time frames.
- Trouble shoots and works independently with individual GIS users to facilitate access and use GIS software, data and applications.
- Validates database information associated with spatial layers, determines the need for correction and provides direction for the update.
The position pays up to $57,408 per year. For more info, visit https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/347123200 . The closing date is July 19, 2013.